Molson Canadian ® TURN FOR BEER/ICEBERG Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter, you must be 19 years of age or older and a resident of Newfoundland and Labrador. You are not eligible to enter or win, if you are: a) an employee, representative or agent of Molson Canada 2005 (the “Sponsor”), its affiliates and related companies, advertising or promotional agencies, the contest judging organization, any participating stores or the prize suppliers; b) an employee or contractor of a provincial liquor authority, a beer distribution company or a participating licensed establishment, or, any liquor licensee authorized by a provincial liquor authority; c) anyone involved in the development and/or administration of the Contest; or d) a member of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not) of any of the above persons.
- HOW TO PLAY: Contest begins on or around June 12th, 2018 and ends on August 31st, 2018, or while supplies last, whichever comes first. Randomly seeded amongst specially-marked 12 bottle packs of Molson Canadian and No Purchase entry scratch cards will be a total of 35,152 winning caps (each a, “Cap”) or scratch cards (each a, “Card”). For those requesting a Card without product purchase see Rule 3 below. To see, if you are eligible to win a Prize, look under the Cap of bottles in specially marked cases or underneath the scratch area on the Card. If the Cap or Card reveals the winning message “Winner! 12 pk” or “Winner! 473mL can” or “Winner! Beer for a Year” or “Winner! Iceberg Alley”; you are eligible to win that Prize. Follow the Prize Claim instructions in Rule 5. Contest closes on August 31st, 2018 (the “Contest Close Date”).
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: To obtain a Card without product purchase while supplies last, mail an original hand-written 100 word essay on the topic “Why Molson Canadian® is one of your favourite beers?” (the “Essay”) along with your name, date of birth and full address and a hand-printed, self-addressed envelope, to: Molson Canadian® Turn for Beer/Iceberg Alley Contest c/o Molson Coors Canada, PO Box 5308., St. John’s, NL A1C 5W1. Upon receipt of the Essay, a Card will be sent directly to the address provided by the Essay writer. Each request must be submitted by the entrant him/herself and be sent in a separate envelope with sufficient postage. Only original, legible Essays will be accepted; no duplicates or mechanical reproductions. Limit: one (1) Card per Essay request, per outer stamped envelope. For timely processing and return, requests must be received by and no later than August 31st, 2017.
- PRIZES: There are 34,891 bottle packs in total in prizes and 261 Iceberg Alley prizes (each a, “Prize”) available to be won. Each Prize consists of either: (i) one (1) x 12 bottle pack of Molson Canadian; (ii) one (1) x 473mL cans of Molson Canadian; (iii) one (1) x 2 admission tickets to Iceberg Alley on September 12, 2018, or (iiii) Beer for a year which consists of one (1) x 12 bottle pack of Molson Canadian per week for a total of 52 weeks. The approximate value of one (1) x 12 bottle pack is $26.52 CAD and the approximate value of a 473mL can is $3.69 CAD, the approximate value of beer for a year is $1379.04 CAD and the approximate value of (1) x 2 general admission tickets to Iceberg Alley is $100. The approximate odds of winning one (1) x 12 bottle pack are 1 in 50; the approximate odds of winning one (1) x 473mL can are 1 in 6; the approximate odds of winning one (1) x 2 general admission Iceberg Alley tickets are 1 in 715, and the odds of winning beer for a year are 1 in 7,184.
Prize is not transferable or assignable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretionto substitute a Prize of equivalent monetary value, if a Prize or any part of the Prize, cannot be awarded as described for any reason. The Releasees (as defined below) will not be responsible, however, if weather conditions, event cancellations, or other factors beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control prevent a Prize or any part of a Prize from being fulfilled. In any such event, winner will not be provided with a substitute Prize or cash equivalent. Prizes will only be released to the verified winners. Return of any Prize/Prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate eligible winner.
- PRIZE CLAIM: If you find the winning message “Winner! 12 pk” or “Winner! 473mL can” under the Cap or Card; take the winning Cap or Card to the nearest participating retail store for verification. In order to claim his/her Prize, a winner must present winning Cap or Card along with valid photo identification. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of Prize. To be declared a winner of any Prize, you will be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, to be administered in person. WINNING CAPS OR CARDS MUST BE REDEEEMED ON OR BEFORE September 4th, 2018 (“PRIZE CLAIM DEADLINE”). If you find the winning message “WINNER! BEER FOR A YEAR” or “WINNER! ICEBERG ALLEY” under the Cap or Card, please contact customer service at 1-800-MOLSON1. You will be required to submit the winning Beer for a Year Cap or Card for verification as instructed. WINNING BEER FOR A YEAR CAPS OR CARDS MUST BE RECEIVED FOR VERIFICATION ON OR BEFORE 5:00 pm (NF) ON SEPTEMBER 14TH, 2018 (“Verification Deadline”). Mail the winning Caps or Cards along with your complete name, telephone number, address, age, and current date on a piece of paper to: Molson Canadian® Turn for Beer/Iceberg Alley Contest, c/o Molson Coors Canada 131 Circular Rd, St. John’s, N.L. A1C 5W1. Registered mail is recommended. Verification will occur within four (4) weeks of receipt of your Cap or Card or as soon after such period as is reasonably possible. If you have any difficulty or questions on how to redeem your Prize Claim, you may call 1-800-MOLSON1.
- RELEASES, ETC.: Before being declared a winner, a selected entrant may be required to sign a Declaration of Compliance and a Release of Liability form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Official Contest Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, any contest judging organization, provincial liquor authorities, beer distribution companies, parent companies and affiliates of the foregoing and all of their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. The Releasees do not make, nor in any manner are responsible or liable for: (i) any warranty, guarantee or representation, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any Prize, including but not limited to its quality, merchantability, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition; and (ii) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize, travel related thereto (as applicable), or otherwise from participation in this Contest. Declaration and Release documents must be returned within the time period indicated in the documents or the applicable Prize will be forfeited.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering this Contest, entrants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes of administering the Contest, including, but not limited to, for the purpose of receiving one or more messages, whether electronic or not, from the Sponsor or its designated representative, which may provide entrants with information regarding the Contest or otherwise further the administration of the Contest. The entrant will be deemed to have solicited these messages from the Sponsor by virtue of entering the Contest. By accepting any Prize, the winners consent to the collection, use and disclosure to the public of their names, addresses (city, province/territory), voices, statements and photographs or other likenesses for publicity purposes in connection with the Contest in any media or formats, including but not limited to the Internet, without further notice, permission or compensation. Personal information will not otherwise be used or disclosed without consent. This section does not limit any other consent(s) that an individual may provide the Sponsor or others in relation to the collection, use and/or disclosure of their personal information.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Without limiting the limitations of liability set forth elsewhere in these Official Contest Rules and/or the Declaration of Compliance and Release of Liability, and for greater certainty, the Releasees will not be liable for: a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, which may occur in the submitting and/or processing of winning Caps or Cards b) the theft, loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, winning Caps or Cards c) any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Official Contest Rules, the selection (if applicable) and/or announcement of eligible winner(s), and/or the distribution of any Prize(s); and/or e) any combination of the above.
- ERRORS, ETC.: Any Caps, Cards, packaging or other materials used in this Contest that have been tampered with, mutilated, altered, forged, reproduced, not legitimately obtained, are illegible, broken or otherwise damaged or which contain or reflect printing, production or other errors will be void.
- RIGHT TO TERMINATE SUSPEND OR AMEND: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or amend this Contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without prior notice if any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Contest Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor further reserves the right to terminate this Contest, in whole or in part, should any error in production, distribution, seeding, printing or any other event or error result in more than the stated number of Prizes of any category being claimed or in the event that a winner does not claim his/her Prize within the required time as described in these Official Contest Rules. In any such event, the Prizes not yet awarded may be awarded in a random drawing amongst all eligible claimants who have not yet received a Prize. In any such drawing, the selected entrant must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise (which will be administered by phone or mail), and execute any documents as may be required before being declared a winner.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Claimants who have not complied with these Official Contest Rules are subject to disqualification from this Contest and any future contest or other promotion conducted by Sponsor. All decisions of Sponsor, or any contest judging organization designated by Sponsor, are final and binding without right of appeal in all matters relating to this Contest. The Releasees will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, postage-due, misdirected or late Prize claims, all of which will be void. All winning Caps or Cards become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with eligible claimants (or any other claimant/entrant(s) as deemed necessary by the Sponsor). Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify, from this Contest and any future Contest or other promotion conducted by Sponsor, any individual that it finds or believes to be not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules; to be tampering with the Prize claim process or the operation of the Contest; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CLAIMANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Subject only to applicable law and any required regulatory approval, the Sponsor reserves the right and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Contest Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any claimant or winning Cap or Card with these Official Contest Rules, or as a result of any other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor affects the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Official Contest Rules, or for any other reason.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Official Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these English Official Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- LIQUOR AUTHORITIES: The provincial liquor authorities are not connected with this Contest in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way whatsoever with regard to any matter relating to this Contest.